Saturday 17 November 2018

Student slump and dies a day to his youth service.


It was about 9am today, my executives and I were coming back from the chapel but something attracted us at geology department.

I don’t know the boy , I don’t know his past medical history but I saw a young guy holding a brown envelope indicating he was doing his clearance.

The very few observers at the scene before we got there said he was running along the geology/picture stand road indicating
he was battling with whatever must be wrong with him.

He slumped and hit his neck on the stone at the flower bed of geology dept building.
When we got there the women who sweep the school compound gathered and were praying telling us not to touch him. Initially we thought it was convulsion but I couldn’t tell.

I insisted we took medical action. # Swags ran to medical unit but it was locked . (With
reasons a convocation lecture was on at Igbariam campus). One girl who said was a masters student ran with me to beg a bus passing by inside school to help us take him to the hospital but the man bluntly refused saying he has business to attend to. He was heading towards GSS.

Seeing this we ran to bank road because as usual cars would always be there. The first hilux we saw we blocked the hilux begging
the two men in it. They accepted and carried us to the scene. Saliva was still dripping off this guys mouth which made everyone fink it’s epilepsy.

When we got him into the car laying him at the back with my president Nibo Okezie and one other observer who was there
before then with me at the front sit we took off . The owner of the hilux said his car was not good we were managing it.

Due to ASUU strike everywhere was empty . While on the way I got his phone and
called his dad and mum asking if he had epilepsy and what we should do. We took the receipt  of his envelope to get his name. They said we should leave him he would wake up that it usually happens (If
only the knew how he fell and how this condition was critical )

I checked more in his call log and called his aunty he said someone hit his head in secondary school and since then he has had seizures.

We got to Rex hospital at Uli center and the unseriousness of the place pissed
me off when the doctor just checked and said he died since in school

 I didn’t accept this nor give up koz stethoscope wouldn’t convince me. I ran few distance to the park and got shuttle since the hilux couldn’t go again. Since pple around were loosing hope when I got
back there I had to look more in his log to get contacts of his friends they may possibly know best how to treat him.

Already we left the Rex hospital with Shuttle and headed for our lady’s Ihiala(that was a real hospital to me) I checked his pulse while on the road and though I didn’t feel anything I encouraged my president and the gal behind that
he wasn’t dead (saying my dad was cold when he died)but this boy was still warm.
Before we got to total the gal holding him at the other end tapped me saying he’s becoming cold .

We got to our lady’s and at the emergency the matron checked his finger with another device and said it couldn’t read it.......He was gone.

My Nfcs President and i we’re asked not to leave until his parents came . His lecturers came by saying he is a graduate of 2017 and had rounded up the courses in school preparing to go to Ebonyi state tomorrow where he was posted for NYSC.

It was then some of the contacts I called came to the hospital. They said he had been battling with it since and we should have given him tomatoes?? How would I know ? I don’t even know the boy. We were just passers-by

At about 12noon, his parents came to our Lady’s all the way from Onitsha since I had not told them on phone he was dead yet , she thanked us and we lead her to
emergency unit where the lecturer and the matron nurse disclose the news.

We were then permitted to leave. I.
Udeafor Claudia don’t know this person but I must say this is a horrible experience.
zealmatblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoyed this article ? Feel free to drop your comments