Sunday 31 December 2017

Robbers attacked us and tried to rape me, girls narrates her ordeal in hands of armed robbers



It was a very awful and bitter incident which took place on 29/12/2017 at about 2:00am.

I woke to the cries of my neighbour who was  helplessly calling and pleading to God to come to her rescue. I came out with my mom asking what was wrong, we saw 2 rough looking guys with a gun and an axe, attacking them.

The robbers ordered us to go back into our house and they later followed us. They requested for our money and they collected as much as they can, then they ordered me to go and lie down on the bed. I exclaimed and asked, " Heh! Chi Ogbugbandu I g'ekwe? (Oh Covenant Keeping God, will you permit this?

I ran out of the house immediately and ran towards a fence demarcating us from the neighbouring compound. I didn't know how i got to the fence top, next i saw myself in the neighbouring compound. I stood up and staggered to their door and pleaded with them to open their door and when they did, I narrated the situation at hand to them.

The robbers didn't catch me so they went back into the house and tooks all the phones in the house.

About 30 minutes later, my mom called out to me and asked me to return to the house that it is over.

When I got back, my neighbour explained that at the time she was crying, that those heartless fools were forcefully attempting to molest her 16 year old daughter, despite the innocent girl's cries and pleas. The girl later ran out  of the compound through a hole under our gate, into the night darkness.

We were still there discussing our ordeal when one of the bastards returned with his torchlight and gun. This time, he is undressed with just a boxer and he said to me, "you thought you have escaped from me".

Recognising him, viaaaam! I took to my heels and ran to the backyard. He threatened to shoot me if i run but I didn't care. My mom started shouting, calling out to the neighourhood and saying prayers to the Covenant keeping God. The robber threatened to shoot her but she didn't care so he shot in the air but i didnt look back.

I got to the fence top again but this time i didnt jump over because i saw another person jump over and i guessed it was a robber, I jumped back into our  compound and hide in a plantain plantation. There i stayed quietly while silently saying prayers to my Maker.

It wasnt long before people from my neighbourhood started entering my compound with their weapons and the robber escaped through the back fence.

I came out of my hiding place and tearfully sang victorious songs of praise to my Covenant Keeping God who saved me.

I am still in shock and pain but I thank God because it is only his Grace that saved me.

As shared by Debby Chinonyerem Obidinma.
zealmatblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoyed this article ? Feel free to drop your comments