Wednesday 20 December 2017

Man threatens to expose a DPO who collects money to grant a suspect bail.

Human right activist Prince Harrison Gwamnishu has taken to his page to call out a Divisional police officer who allegedly collected the sum of 20 thousand to grant a man bail in Delta state. Read his report.


Yesterday I left a Police Station here in Delta State to secure the release of a man arrested unjustly. The DPO assured me he will release the man since there is no case. I left the station 6:45pm and kept calling the man's family to know if they have released the man but no response.

This morning, I was told immediately I left the station, they asked them to pay N20,000 before they release him. At 10:00pm, the man was still detained and the Police threatened to charge him to court for assault if they fail to pay N20,000.

At 10:15pm, they gathered N15,500 and handed to IPO who handed it to DPO.

I called the DPO this morning express my annoyance of what happened. He quickly told me he knows nothing about the payment.

The man told me it was DPO, they gave the money.

I just spoke to the DPO to please keep the N15,500 paid to him that I am coming to collect it.

If getting to the station he refused to give me the N15,500, I will first take up a case against him.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH............BAIL IS FREE


Hope he gives us an update.
zealmatblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoyed this article ? Feel free to drop your comments