Thursday 26 October 2017

See what they did to these young men for stealing from an office in Aba

A young man has narrated how robber came to their office to steal and how they were caught by vigilant youths.

So, yesterday I had returned from Awka where I attended a one-day stakeholder sensitisation workshop on Constitution Amendment, organised by the Southeast Media Executive Round-Table in conjunction with the DFID's Partnership to Engage Reform and Learn (PERL).

On getting to the house, I dropped my bag and quickly came downstairs to my uncle's shop to 'gist' him about my journey (yes, that's how we roll), then shortly, a young man walked into the shop and after looking around inquired if they sold SLIPPERS there, slippers in a computer shop? We all wondered. This was happening around 2pm.

Fast-forward to 8:25pm, I had just visited a barber's shop went to a pharmacy across the road to get some things then came this chaotic crowd noise and looking out, it was coming from my house area. Three young men were at the mercy of the mob made up of the youths of the community.

They had gained access to the building from the main entrance. Meanwhile, for days, I had wondered why it was difficult for me to open the door as my key hardly penetrated its hole not knowing it had been tampered with.

So, this time, the office occupying the first floor was about closing for the day as two of the young men came in and pretended they were about to transact a business. The young man running the place had told them that he had closed for the day and so could not attend to them. They reluctantly came down and were loitering around when the guy discovered that the key to our entrance door had been damaged. Sensing danger, he started making calls to his boss as well as alerted the youths of the community.

By this time they had forced themselves in again and used their weapons which included iron bars, industrial scissors and dagger to try to gain access to the rooms when the youths swooped on them.

Surprisingly, I recognised the young man in white shirt as the one who had earlier come to look for slippers in a computer shop. He was apparently on a survey mission.

There had been several attempts to burgle the house, but as it is said, many days for the thief, one day for the owner of the house.

I did get in touch with the PPRO Abia State Police Command and he forwarded me numbers of some patrol teams to call which I expressly did. And I believe they waded in to avoid any case of jungle justice.

In all, God was so merciful that I was not home when it started happening because I wouldn't know what my fate would have been had they met me alone considering my departure time from work.

Pictures.





Emmanuel Maduka Nwazue
zealmatblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoyed this article ? Feel free to drop your comments